Jinkies Fred, this thread is giving me the Heebie Jeebies!
I think I need a Scooby Snack!
Oh wait,.....
Wrong Fred.
Or is it?
Jinkies Fred, this thread is giving me the Heebie Jeebies!
I think I need a Scooby Snack!
Oh wait,.....
Wrong Fred.
Or is it?
Fred tested, Barney approved!
Two brontosaurus burgers please
Doing some Fred-related testing.
Yabba dabba don't try this at home kids.
root said:
If it does what I think it does I think it may be useful in some situations and remarkably annoying in most.
Yup, just what I thought- it splits off into a new thread.
Is this a feature we like or should I try to remove it? We like derailing topics and this would help the derailed topic start as a new one so as not to ruin the original.
But I also see members clicking it by accident and starting new topics when they didn't want to.
If it does what I think it does I think it may be useful in some situations and remarkably annoying in most.
@root reply button default tags previous poster. Only way to reply normally is to go back to the top. ??
I like the tag feature but is there a way to have both ?
ie. reply button or reply to previous posterI know you can just delete the tagged posters. Or make reply default and manually tag poster if you want to.
This should be fixed now. Auto tag should only be on quotes, not on replies.
You can also manually tag someone like I am doing now with @whoey
It looks like the smiley bar is now working. I will populate it with our most commonly used and MTO specific emojis shortly. 
IN the meantime, perhaps I can get onto other, more important work 
And Micah is an Administrator now too. 
@SteveC I have three accounts set up and I never got an email verification either. Give me a moment and I will verify you now
@SteveC Nope, this all seems to work
Mobile version is now good to use
Good to know- I haven't done much with the mobile browser lately. I have been mostly working on desktop.
@SteveC Thanks. Trying to get as much reminiscent of the old forum as possible. Some issues are easier than others. 
Maybe when I finish the current frustration I'll see about adding our MTO specific smileys- I could use an "easy" win!
root said:
> 1- Forum too wide on mobile, cannot submit posts because you can't scroll over far enough to hit the Submit button.
> 2- remove (or make selectable) so it doesn't follow you when you scroll down.
> 3- Fix top menu- on mobile it is far too wide.
4- Do a backup/snapshot of current config before making changes because it's currently working- not ideal, but working.
5- break up forum posts so each post looks different from the one before it.
I am not seeing the sticky header now. If someone could let me know if that is an issue for you I'd appreciate it.
root said:
root said:
1- Forum too wide on mobile, cannot submit posts because you can't scroll over far enough to hit the Submit button.2- remove (or make selectable) so it doesn't follow you when you scroll down.
3- Fix top menu- on mobile it is far too wide.4- Do a backup/snapshot of current config before making changes because it's currently working- not ideal, but working.
5- break up forum posts so each post looks different from the one before it.
I tried to fix the header, but ended up fixing the forum too wide issue instead. I will keep working on the header and other issues but I am also tearing up and replacing the subfloor in the camp today so I don't know how much I will get done.
I don't know that I would say the top menu is fixed but I would definitely say that it's better on mobile than it was, so I'm calling that one done for now at least.